Search Messages

 
Author:
Search Start Date:
Search End Date:
Sort Order
Sources to include:
OR Message ID:
 

Display Mesage #105465


Finally got problem solved with rpms and speed.
Written by cdodgevoc on 7/6/2011 at 12:58 pm

For a couple weeks, I have been struggling getting the carbs synced and had lack
of power.

The problem was simple:

The diaphragms were not full seated on the vacuum chamber lip.

I would orginally just line up the piston/diaphragm to the vacuum vent and put
on the spring and lid, whilst doing that some of the diaphragm would retract of
the lip, causing a leak.

So I would line up again and slowly lower the lid with the spring and just screw
the two sides slowly. Wait a moment and slowly unscrew, just enough light to
shine thru and check the seal, making sure the diaphragm did not slip off like
before.

I did that to the other one with same techinque.

Now the bike is back to its former power, plus more since I cleaned the carb.

And the carb sync worked like a charm with my $1.52 homemade carb sync tool.

Thank you all for help from previous posts.

Charles

Message Thread for message #105465

cdodgevoc
7/6/2011, 12:58 pm
Finally got problem solved with rpms and speed.
For a couple weeks, I have been struggling getting the carbs synced and had lack of power. The problem was simple: The diaphragms were not full seated on the vacuum chamber lip. I would orginally just line up the piston/diaphra