Search Messages

 
Author:
Search Start Date:
Search End Date:
Sort Order
Sources to include:
OR Message ID:
 

Display Mesage #105488


Finally got problem solved with rpms and speed.
Written by cdodgevoc on 7/7/2011 at 02:04 am

NOOOOPPPPE!!!!!!!! :-)

--- In ipcrc@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <phillip.g.boyd@...> wrote:
>
> Glad you got it worked out. Still planning on selling the bike? ;)
>
> --- In ipcrc@yahoogroups.com, "Charles" <cdodgevoc@> wrote:
> >
> > For a couple weeks, I have been struggling getting the carbs synced and had
lack of power.
> >
> > The problem was simple:
> >
> > The diaphragms were not full seated on the vacuum chamber lip.
> >
> > I would orginally just line up the piston/diaphragm to the vacuum vent and
put on the spring and lid, whilst doing that some of the diaphragm would retract
of the lip, causing a leak.
> >
> > So I would line up again and slowly lower the lid with the spring and just
screw the two sides slowly. Wait a moment and slowly unscrew, just enough light
to shine thru and check the seal, making sure the diaphragm did not slip off
like before.
> >
> > I did that to the other one with same techinque.
> >
> > Now the bike is back to its former power, plus more since I cleaned the
carb.
> >
> > And the carb sync worked like a charm with my $1.52 homemade carb sync tool.
> >
> > Thank you all for help from previous posts.
> >
> > Charles
> >
>

Message Thread for message #105488

cdodgevoc
7/6/2011, 12:58 pm
Finally got problem solved with rpms and speed.
For a couple weeks, I have been struggling getting the carbs synced and had lack of power. The problem was simple: The diaphragms were not full seated on the vacuum chamber lip. I would orginally just line up the piston/diaphra